Wednesday, July 23, 2008

About 'Sanvad'




'Samvad' for those who came in late, is an interview based daily breakfast show on ETV Marathi, telecast at 8.00 am.

It all started with a phone call from my friend Mr. Uday Narkar on one July afternoon. He had a rough concept in his mind about the show but he wanted me to host it. I immediately went down to the studio and after exchange of few ideas we chalked the final draft of 'Sanvad'.

I was a bit apprehensive about my appearance on television but after persuasion and a little push I was ready to play the part.

I soon realised the camera loved me and I loved the camera in return. A bond was formed between us. The lens was like a mirror. He was blatantly honest with me and I loved him for that.

Since then I have romanced the lens for the last seven years.

When before the camera I am at ease and I put my guests at ease.

'Sanvad' has successfully completed 3100 episodes and it went off air on 5th Jan 2009. All good things come to an end. But Sanvad will remain forever in everyone's heart. The last seven years were a memorable one for me. The show received a tremendous response as people from all walks of life shared their experiences, passion and their achievements. They poured their hearts out and viewers adored them for that. Top political leaders, Scientists, Writers, Mathematicians, Social- Activists, Entrepreneurs and Common men trudging a less traveled path graced the show.

It recieved many accolades and awards like the RAPA award. 'Sanvad' took me closer to the mass, communicated on one to one basis and gave me honor and appreciation by one and all. 'Sanvad' and Raju Parulekar became synonymous.

'Sanvad' was made memorable by the people who sat in the opposite chair.

It is a record as one single person was instrumental in interviewing such a long list of celebrities and non-celebrities in one program. I have wonderful memories which I am going to share with you through my blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we would like to hear your thoughts about sanvad